Adventist Volunteer Service
Volunteer missionaries are an integral part of the Church's outreach program. Individuals with specific educational qualifications, specialized skills, and a willingness to serve for a short or long-term period of time are needed in many areas of the world. Sometimes opportunities arise for individuals with fewer or no qualifications.
Volunteer missionary applicants should be individuals who:
- Are members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and have been for at least one year
- Are eighteen years of age or older
- Are in good emotional, mental and physical health
- Display a spiritual vitality and dependence on prayer
- Have high convictions for the sanctity of marriage, home and family
- Commit themselves to multicultural relationships
- Have the educational requirements necessary for visas and work permits (some positions allow for limited or no qualifications)
- Are experienced to meet job requirements
Financial arrangements vary for volunteer mission service. Some volunteers choose to be personally responsible for all their costs, including airfares, medical examination, vaccinations, insurance, food and accommodation. Others ask their home church to sponsor them and become involved in fundraising activities. Then there are some who prefer partial or full assistance with essential expenses. Check the listing of volunteer positions to see what the financial arrangements are for each assignment.
To apply for any of the AVS position, please contact: